Is it possible to enjoy teaching every day…no matter what?

Have you ever wondered why challenges are so much harder to face on certain days?

Sometimes a criticism from a parent or principal put you in a bad mood for hours,  but other times, it rolls right off your back. Sometimes when kids are off-task and interrupting your lesson, it drives you absolutely bananas, but other times, you’re pretty unfazed and can respond with patience. There are days when you feel like a ticking time bomb and even the slightest distraction from your plan can send you over the edge…and days when you feel calm and ready to handle anything that comes your way.

In this 3 minute video, I’m going to share the sudden realization I had when talking with a group of teachers who truly loved every day of their job…

I’m also sharing the preface from my book Unshakeable which answers the question, Can anyone really enjoy EVERY day in teaching? And I want to give you the first chapter of the book.

Click here to download the preface and first chapter of Unshakeable!

Don’t wait for teaching to become fun again: plan for it! "Unshakeable" is the new book by Angela Watson.

Or, click here to watch the second video and get the free printable, 20 ways to enjoy teaching every day.

1 Marge March 19, 2015 at 10:42 am

Just read the preview of your new book. Very nicely done. I can’t wait to read more. Although I retired in June 2014 I still substitute and have friends and a daughter-in-law who teaches. I look forward to sharing your book and ideas with them. Thanks for all your hard work.

2 Angela Watson March 19, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Thanks so much, Marge! It’s great to hear feedback on the book. And how wonderful that you are using your retirement to support teachers and share ideas!

3 Carl Ruffer March 19, 2015 at 8:59 pm

Hey Angela,

I am so excited about the book. I hope you do a great job with it. I have a proposition for you… Is there any way you can send a signed copy to me and I will promote it at my school pushing up your sales? Send me an email and we can talk if interested.

4 Hand In Hand March 22, 2015 at 9:54 pm

Looks wonderful Would you consider donating a book for our giving page event that starts next week? Free advertisement for you and a great prize that would help support teachers and classrooms. Check us out and send me a message if you are interested. Handinhandgivingpage@aol.com

5 john edelson April 23, 2015 at 9:38 am

Angela, This book looks cool. I’m buying a copy. I think your premise, the teacher’s state of mind matters, is so true. As a company manager, I know that if I show up dispirited and low energy, the company feels it and reacts one way. If I show up excited and proud, it’s contagious.

Great job! Can’t wait to read it.

6 Angela Watson April 27, 2015 at 3:07 pm

Hey, John, that’s great! Thanks so much for sharing.

7 Antionette Oliver May 6, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Awesomely delivered, can’t wait to read the whole book. Keep up the GOOD Work! Antionette CA

8 Angela Watson May 8, 2015 at 3:33 pm

Thanks so much!

9 Janell April 17, 2016 at 11:25 pm

Hello!!
I wondered if you could please add closed captioning to your video?!
Thanks so much for considering this!
Janell Mosher

10 Angela Watson April 23, 2016 at 7:21 pm

I don’t have the ability to do that at this time but will certainly consider it for future videos! I apologize for the inconvenience.

11 Sherley Louis April 29, 2016 at 8:45 am

Good Morning Angela,

I read the Preface and Chapter 1 this morning. I learned a lot about making teaching fun by being authentic. I will definitely buy your book. Thank you for your contribution in the educational field.

12 Angela Watson May 1, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Thank you for the kind words, Sherley! Enjoy the book. :)