Below you'll find 5 courses I've personally created, and 5 others that I recommend and endorse as an affiliate. All courses are $150 or less.
Courses by Angela
40 Hour Teacher Workweek
40 Hour provides professional development on productivity to educators who want to focus on what REALLY matters, both in and outside the classroom. Over 39,000 teachers have already starting trimming hours off their workweek by getting organized, streamlining routines, giving kids ownership of the classroom, and being truly intentional about how they use their instructional, contractual, and personal time. When you enroll, you’ll receive:
- 52 weeks of new classroom-tested productivity strategies provided in both PDF and audio podcast form
- Remote/hybrid bonuses to help you apply the concepts to a virtual setting
- Printable teaching resources and templates to help you save time
- Access to a private Facebook group where thousands of other teachers answer your questions
- A professional development certificate at the end of the year to document your participation
The Teacher Toolkit for Conquering Anxiety & Overwhelm
You can experience freedom from sleepless Sunday nights and never being able to turn off your “teacher brain.” In fact, freedom from all types of teacher anxiety is possible, and can come in the form of thinking about your work and responsibilities in a new way. This toolkit will help you replace negative, destructive thought processes with healthy, productive ones so you can create permanent change in your life. It serves as a resource for isolated, discouraged, and unsupported teachers, so you can listen to practical encouragement and reassurance whenever you are facing overwhelm and anxiety. Modules include:
- Freedom from comparison: Listen when you’re feeling not good enough and comparing yourself to others
- Freedom from pressure to do more: Listen when you feel like you’re drowning and can never do enough
- Freedom from worry over students: Listen when you’re worried about not being able to reach a student or prevent failure
- Freedom from regret: Listen when you’re replaying all the things you should have done differently
- Freedom from perfectionism: Listen when you’re overthinking things and making your work too complicated
- Freedom from busy-ness: Listen when you can’t shut your down mind and relax
- Freedom from guilt: Listen when you feel guilty about letting others (including your family) down
- Freedom from overwhelm: Listen when you’re feeling behind and have no energy to get back on track
- Freedom from urgency: Listen when you’re unable to focus because so many things are demanding your attention at once
- Freedom from self-neglect: Listen when you’re putting yourself last and need to make time for self-care
The Cornerstone Pro-Active Behavior Management Course
This series is designed to help you construct a self-running classroom that frees you to teach. Designed for teachers who work with students aged 4-11, the focus is on maximizing your instructional time and guiding students to become responsible and self-reliant. The modules include:
- Introduction (10 min.)
- Session 1: Precise Expectations (27 min.)
- Session 2: Consistent Procedures (63 min.)
- Session 3: Instructional Routines (47 min.)
- Session 4: Consequences and Rewards (25 min.)
- Session 5: Meeting Individual Needs (45 min.)
- Closing Message (5 min.)
The Fewer Things Better Project
Like most teachers, you want to use your life to make an impact — not only in the classroom, but in your family, community, and the world.
And yet it feels impossible to have that focus when you’re exhausted and overwhelmed.
How can you give the best of yourself when you’re bogged down with mundane tasks and unfulfilling obligations?
You really can’t do it all ... and you don't have to try.
You just need to STOP and GET CLARITY about what's most important, so you know where to focus.
I designed this course to help you figure out how to use your time in ways that make an impact.
It takes all the key principles from the Fewer Things Better book and puts them into a step-by-step system.
Use the course to help you uncover how you want to be using your time (both in and outside the classroom).
The FTB Project includes a downloadable workbook to help you get clarity on what matters most:
PART ONE: Priorities in Life
Determine how to build your legacy
Identify your seasons of life
Align daily routines with your priorities
Define balance for yourself
Choose self-care practices to stay in balance
PART TWO: PRIORITIES IN TEACHING
Let go of unnecessary work
Examine and challenge school norms
Streamline instructional routines
Find your teaching style and go-to strategies
Live out your legacy as an educator
After you complete the workbook, you'll have a clear understanding of the best and highest use of your time (inside and outside the classroom).
You'll also see a clear path to creating daily routines and habits which allow you to prioritize things that make the biggest impact for you personally and professionally.
Goodbye, Teacher Tired (FREE 5 Day Challenge)
I created a challenge to help you say goodbye to teacher tired in just FIVE DAYS.
Here's what you'll learn. These are simple shifts in your mindset & daily habits which can make a BIG difference:
Day 1: Get real about how much you can accomplish each day, and eliminate the unnecessary.
Day 2: Schedule your day to get the most important things done, instead of doing as much as possible.
Day 3: Minimize decision-making by automating tasks and creating routines that simplify your life.
Day 4: Maximize your energy and focus by batching tasks and building in buffer time.
Day 5: Prioritize rest as the catalyst for productivity, and schedule time for small moments you love.
You’ll get one email a day for 5 days, and each one includes:
A 3 page PDF which explains the mindset you need and action to take
An audio recording of the PDF that’s 8-10 minutes long so you have the option to listen instead of read
A printable form or template to help you organize your thoughts & brainstorm
At the end of those 5 days, you can experience a real change in energy and focus, and see a clear path to digging out from overwhelm. Sign up for free, and begin the challenge at any time. You can go at your own pace, and space out the steps, taking as long as you'd like to complete them.
Courses by Angela's Partners
The Genius Hour Master Course (with A.J. Juliani)
If you’ve been wanting to use Genius Hour with your students, or you’ve tried it but feel like you need more structure, check out the Genius Hour Master Course. No more fumbling through and trying to figure things out as you go! The course includes:
- 70 videos walking you through Genius Hour step-by-step
- Lesson plans and unit plans separated for elementary, middle school, and high school teachers
- The Genius Hour Journal which takes your students through Genius Hour from start to finish
- PowerPoints for Day 1 and Day 2 to get started with your students
- Resources, PDFs, and all kinds of strategies to make Genius Hour a success
- Rubrics and grading templates for assessing this creative work
- Parent letters to explain Genius Hour to families
- A supportive community of educators via Facebook and Voxer
Jump Start: The Teacher's Guide to Tech (with Jennifer Gonzalez of Cult of Pedagogy)
By guiding you through a series of hands-on projects, this self-paced course will give you the confidence and skills you need to make smart choices about the tech you use in your teaching. Through 10 modules, you'll learn 10 key processes that can have an incredible impact on how you teach, how your students learn, how you collaborate and communicate with others, and the time it takes to do it all.After you learn each process and how it can enhance your classroom work, you’ll complete a hands-on project to practice that process with one tool. As you finish each module, you’ll be able to transfer that process to your own classroom, using the same tool or another one of your choosing. Here's how it works:
- You’ll start each module with a short reading assignment. This is where we explore the process, consider its instructional value, and look at how it can enhance learning in multiple ways.
- Next, you’ll review your project checklist to understand the requirements of your hands-on project. For most projects, an advanced option has been added to offer extra challenge to those who master the process easily.
- Then it’s time to dig into your hands-on project. You’ll watch a series of step-by-step video tutorials to learn how to do it.
- When your project is complete, you’ll share it in a blog post. A sample blog, with all ten modules complete, is provided to help you get a clear picture of what your final project should look like.
The Maker Space Master Course (with John Spencer)
This course is grounded in proven principles and strategies that work. It’s broken down into simple, step-by-step lessons that allow you to walk through each of the seven days of designing a makerspace. Each lesson will leave you with resources, optional extensions, and an easy-to-follow action item as you move closer to the finished product. You’ll also have access to experts on makerspaces who can answer your questions and give you feedback. No guesswork. No reverse engineering. No more hours or searching the internet for something that makes sense. Instead, you will:
- Start the day’s lesson with a short reading assignment and video. This will provide some background knowledge before diving into the ideas.
- Next, you go in-depth with videos, step-by-step instructions, and optional extension activities.
- You will end with a specific, hands-on mission that will take you closer to designing your makerspace.
The Online Learning Master Course (with A.J. Juliani)
If you need more practical support/training for teaching remotely, check out AJ Juliani’s Online Learning Master Course. It’s entirely self-paced, and there are separate elementary and secondary programs.
It’s one of the best resources I’ve seen so far in terms of offering specific, teacher-tested strategies for remote and hybrid learning.
You can get 20% off with the coupon code ANGELA.Learn More
The Teacher Career Coach: How to Transition Out of Teaching (with Daphne Williams)
If you're looking for affordable support in transitioning out of the classroom, I’m proud to partner with Daphne as an affiliate of her Teacher Career Coach online course and networking group.
Daphne's course includes a step-by-step system for creating an exit plan, choosing your next career, building your skills as a side hustle or part-time job until you're ready to leave the classroom, translating your teaching skills into "corporate speak" for your resume and more.
The link below also leads to Daphne’s free e-book, plus course samples and a “top jobs that hire teachers” list.