Okay, I don’t actually know what that word is. But my friend and colleague Rob Plevin does.
Rob runs the U.K.-based site Classroom Expert in association with Behaviour Needs–you might remember when he hosted the webinar presentation I did in February. He had tons of useful, practical tips to contribute that day during the Q&A session at the end of the webinar, and I loved his relatable, down-to-earth style. Rob and I have very similar approaches to classroom management and we both emphasize creating a caring community in which students are truly invested in their own learning.
I’m thrilled that Rob has offered to run a free webinar on raising student engagement, just for fans of The Cornerstone. He’s going to share a bunch of great information with us:
- ONE WORD that’s guaranteed to make students literally BEG to be in your lessons and desperate for you to teach them – you really need to see this!
- How to make work more relevant to your students and what to do when they ask, “Why do we have to learn this?”
- How to present and teach a subject so that it could NEVER, EVER be classed as boring
- The ESSENTIAL factors you must include in your lessons if you want to hold your students’ attention and reduce misbehavior
- The NUMBER ONE overlooked reason why some of your students won’t/don’t work in your lessons and what you can do to get them involved in the next lesson
- How to make sure your students actually ENJOY your lessons
- Plus much more…
I can’t wait to learn more of Rob’s secrets! Here are the details you need to know in order to join us.
When is the webinar?
The webinar will take place on: Friday April 13th at 6pm Eastern time. (Sorry if that’s not the best time for you–we tried to compromise around the time difference between his continent and mine.) Fortunately, Rob has a charming British accent and I promise you will actually enjoy spending your Friday evening listening to him.
Who is it for?
The webinar is considered a “private webinar” being offered to The Cornerstone community. The webinar’s content is suitable for ALL teachers and lecturers – in fact absolutely anyone involved in education. The strategies shared can be applied to any age group.
How do I attend this FREE webinar and learn these great strategies?
All you need to do to join in this special event is submit your registration. Make sure you bookmark the date and time. Then, just login using the special link you’ll be sent after registration.
Can I invite my friends and colleagues?
Absolutely! Use the share buttons below to email, post to Facebook, tweet an invitation, etc.
Latest posts by Angela Watson (see all)
- Your votes are in: the 30 most comfortable shoes for teachers - September 2, 2015
- How to build relationships with students through personal stories - August 30, 2015
- How to be pro-active with uninvolved (and overly-involved) parents - August 23, 2015
- How to use math talk cards/posters to promote student-led discussions - August 18, 2015