Sponsor and Ad Inquiries
Thank you for your interest in becoming a sponsor of The Cornerstone website/blog. The site was first established in 2003 under the name Ms. Powell’s Management Ideas for Teachers, and moved to TheCornerstoneForTeachers.com domain in 2008. The old site was connected to the new via 301 redirects so all page ranking and incoming links remained intact. By becoming a sponsor, you have the opportunity to take advantage of The Cornerstone’s 6.1 million page views in 2014.
Reach Statistics (current as of 11/1/2015)
- 192,611 incoming links from other education websites (per Google Webmaster Tools)
- 19,037 newsletter subscribers/message board forum members
- 4,874 blog subscribers
- 92,024 Facebook followers
- 9,241 Twitter followers
- 1,565 Google Plus followers
- 28,926 Pinterest followers
The Cornerstone averaged 400,000 page views per month in 2014, ranging from 350K in the winter/spring (months which historically have always had the lowest traffic) to 650K+ in the summer/fall. Peak traffic months are generally July-October. Here are the traffic statistics for December 2014 according to Google Analytics:
- 449K page views
- 173K visits
- 154K unique visitors
- PageRank 3 for the blog
- Page 1 keyword ranking
- 87% of site visitors are from the United States, 3% are from Canada, 2% from Australia, 1% from the UK. The remaining 7% are from other countries.
- 95% of site visitors view the site in English, with a growing number of French translations in the past few months.
- 93% are female.
- 94% are aged 24 or older, with 33% between the ages of 25-34 and 32% between the ages of 35-44.
Advertisement and Sponsorship Guidelines
- All ads must have relevance to people within the education community (teachers, parents, homeschoolers, etc.)
- I reserve the right to reject any ad I deem inappropriate or irrelevant for site visitors, and may remove existing ads at any time.
- Links must lead to developed websites; no parked domains, spam sites, or adult material.
- Refunds are not given for any reason.
- Paid links use the no-follow tag in accordance with Google guidelines.
- All paid links are disclosed as such even when not required by FTC guidelines, out of respect for my readers.
Ad Displays and Text Link Options (All Pages/Posts)
There are over 3,000 pages of content on The Cornerstone website/blog and your ad will appear on every page. Note that all sidebar ads appear below the fold to avoid Google ranking penalties. Rates are calculated based on the CPM of 400,000 pageviews per month:
- Sidebar 200×200: $450 monthly
- Footer 480×60 (or similar horizontal): $550 monthly
A 10% discount is given for 6 month placement. Full payment is due in advance to qualify for the discount.
Sponsored Blog Posts and Underwritten Content
I can compose a blog post that features (is almost entirely about) your product, website, etc. For example, if you have a website that provides math activities for kids, the post could be a review explaining the benefits of your site for children and suggest ways the site could be integrated in the classroom.
The post will be no less than 500 words and include no more than 2 links to your product/site. Video reviews are available for a small additional fee and will be uploaded to YouTube. Once written, I will send the post for your approval prior to publication, and will promote the blog post via at least 3 social media sites. Example
You can also select to compose your own post to be published on The Cornerstone blog. Your post should be 500-1000 words and include no more than 2 links to your product/site. I reserve the right to reject any guest blog post that is not grammatically correct and/or relevant and engaging to educators who read my blog. The tone should be informative yet casual and not overly self-promoting, and must be entirely original so that I do not get penalized by Google for duplicate content. All posts must be approved by me prior to publication and may require revisions. Once published, I will promote the blog post via at least 3 social media sites. Example 1, Example 2
Click the date you are interested in to book the sponsored blog post:
More Blog Post Sponsorship Options
Due to the large volume of requests for guest blog posts, link displays, and product/site mentions and reviews, I am providing additional options for sponsorship on a very limited basis. I reserve the right to reject any sponsored mention request for products/sites that I do not believe will provide a substantial benefit to my readers: if I would not use your product/site myself, I will not write a sponsored mention for it. All of these options are also available for static pages on the website:
- Sponsored Blog Mention: I will compose an original blog post that is about a topic related to your product, website, etc., and mention your service. For example, an article on transition tips could include a suggestion that teachers use a timer and include a link to the timer your company sells. The post will be no less than 500 words and include no more than 1 link to your product/site. All words and opinions will be my own. Once written, I will send the post for your approval prior to publication, and will promote the blog post via at least 3 social media sites. Example
Since the creation of this website, I have always (and will continue to always) indicate when a post or product is sponsored. All give-aways and promotional items sent to me are identified as such out of respect for my readers. You can see ALL sponsored posts here.
I also accept sponsors for my weekly podcast called Angela Watson’s Truth for Teachers. The podcast debuted #1 in K-12 podcasts, #4 in Education, and #156 in all podcasts!
I accept one sponsor per podcast episode to feature in a 15 second pre-roll (advertisement placed at the beginning of the podcast, immediately after the theme song and introduction ends.)
As a podcast sponsor, you will receive:
- Audio promotion: I will announce your company or product as a sponsor of the show, and record 15 seconds of promotion. You can specify exactly what you’d like me to say, or simply provide input on my suggested wording. This is a powerful form of advertisement, because listeners will hear me, personally, recommending your product and then launch seamlessly into the main content of the show.
- Blog promotion: Each podcast episode has a blog post associated with it that contains a transcript and links to show resources. My website received over 6.1 million page views last year with an average of 400,000 page views per month. As a podcast sponsor, your link and promotional copy is automatically included in the episode’s blog post at no additional charge.
- Social media promotion: I promote every blog post and podcast episode widely on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn. The link to the blog post and episode with your sponsorship information will be shared with this teacher community on social media indefinitely, particularly on Pinterest where I will re-advertise each older podcast episode on a regular basis.
You must purchase a month’s worth of podcast-blog promotion (4 episodes, one each week) at least 3 months in advance of air time. Please email me so that I can answer your questions and help you get started with podcast-blog sponsorship.
Social Media Promotion
All sponsored blog post mentions and features include free promotion on social media.
Occasionally, I accept requests to promote teaching-related resources solely via social media without a blog post (Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest). I’ve found that Pinterest drives the most web traffic and is the best way to share resources without making users feel like they are seeing a hard-sell ad. If you are interested in having me share your site/product on any of these three social media sites, please email me to discuss a customized sponsorship plan.
This sponsorship opportunity goes beyond a one-time post or link and encompasses long-term product integration throughout the site and social media. As an ambassador for your site/company/product, I will mention and promote your brand throughout a pre-determined period in ways that are meaningful and relevant to readers. All mentions on my website/blog will be disclosed as a sponsored partnership. There are an extremely limited number of brand ambassadorship opportunities, as I prefer to work with only 1-2 companies at a time, and brands must be extremely high-quality with outstanding resources for educators. Brand ambassadorship rates can be negotiated through cross-promotional ventures: please contact me for more information.
Submit Your Request
Please send inquiries and proposals via email to me at angelawatson [at[ live [dot] com.
Latest posts by Angela Watson (see all)
- 6 ways to make co-planning lessons more efficient - February 7, 2016
- Build vocabulary and literacy skills with shared book readings - February 3, 2016
- When is it okay to say you’ve done “enough” for a student? - January 31, 2016
- 5 things I learned from quitting my teaching job twice - January 24, 2016