Sponsor and Ad Inquiries
Thank you for your interest in becoming a sponsor of The Cornerstone website/blog. The site was first established in 2003 under the name Ms. Powell’s Management Ideas for Teachers, and moved to TheCornerstoneForTeachers.com domain in 2008. The old site was connected to the new via 301 redirects so all page ranking and incoming links remained intact. By becoming a sponsor, you have the opportunity to take advantage of The Cornerstone’s 10.4 million page views in 2015.
Reach Statistics (current as of 8/1/2016)
- 234,914 incoming links from other education websites (per Google Webmaster Tools)
- 61,207 newsletter subscribers/message board forum members
- 5,342 blog subscribers
- 120,547 Facebook followers
- 11,417 Twitter followers
- 1,865 Google Plus followers
- 50,342 Pinterest followers
The Cornerstone averaged 800K page views per month in 2015, ranging from 650K in the winter/spring (months which historically have always had the lowest traffic) to 950K+ in the summer/fall. Peak traffic months are generally July-October. Here are the traffic statistics for 2015 according to Google Analytics:
- 10.4 million page views
- 3.1 million unique visitors
- PageRank 3 for the blog
- Page 1 keyword ranking
- 87% of site visitors are from the United States, 3% are from Canada, 2% from Australia, 1% from the UK. The remaining 7% are from other countries.
- 95% of site visitors view the site in English, with a growing number of French translations in the past few months.
- 93% are female.
- 94% are aged 24 or older, with 33% between the ages of 25-34 and 32% between the ages of 35-44.
Advertisement and Sponsorship Guidelines
- All ads must have relevance to people within the education community (teachers, parents, homeschoolers, etc.)
- I reserve the right to reject any ad I deem inappropriate or irrelevant for site visitors, and may remove existing ads at any time.
- Refunds are not given for any reason.
- Paid links use the no-follow tag in accordance with Google guidelines.
- All paid links are disclosed as such even when not required by FTC guidelines, out of respect for my readers.
Because ads have become increasingly less effective (and more annoying) to readers, I no longer accept ads on the site, and am phasing out the use of Google Ads.
Sponsored Blog Posts and Underwritten Content
I’ve worked very hard to build the trust and loyalty of my readers since 2003, and for that reason, I am highly selective about the organizations I choose to partner with. Sponsored blog posts/guest blog posts run no more than 3 times per month to ensure my content is of the highest quality and readers are not inundated with product pitches.
All sponsored posts will be no less than 500 words and include no more than 2 links to your product/site. Once written, you will be able to review the draft prior to publication. I will promote the blog post via at least 3 social media sites.
You can also select to compose your own post to be published on The Cornerstone blog. Your post should be 500-1000 words and include no more than 2 links to your product/site. I reserve the right to reject any guest blog post that is not grammatically correct and/or relevant and engaging to educators who read my blog. The tone should be informative yet casual and not overly self-promoting, and must be entirely original so that I do not get penalized by Google for duplicate content. All posts must be approved by me prior to publication and may require revisions. Once published, I will promote the blog post via at least 3 social media sites.
Since the creation of this website, I have always (and will continue to always) indicate when a post or product is sponsored. All give-aways and promotional items sent to me are identified as such out of respect for my readers.
How to Book a Sponsored Blog Post
Click the date you are interested in to book the sponsored blog post and view pricing:
Once the slot is paid for, my sponsor platform Syndicate Ads will reach out to you to request the info I’ll need in order to write and publish the article. You can provide all talking points, images, videos, etc. at that time.
I believe that my public endorsement of a product/service to an audience of hundreds of thousands of educators (many of whom have been following me for over a decade) is worth far more than the price of the sponsored post, so I appreciate your understanding that I cannot discount my rates.
My weekly podcast called Angela Watson’s Truth for Teachers is currently in its fourth season. The podcast debuted #1 in K-12 podcasts, #4 in Education, and #156 in all podcasts! It consistently ranks in the top 10 podcasts designed for teachers, and has been downloaded over 400,000 times.
I accept one sponsor per podcast episode to feature in a 15 second pre-roll (advertisement placed at the beginning of the podcast, immediately after the theme song and introduction ends.)
As a podcast sponsor, you will receive:
- Audio promotion: I will announce your company or product as a sponsor of the show, and record 15 seconds of promotion. You can specify exactly what you’d like me to say, or simply provide input on my suggested wording. This is a powerful form of advertisement, because listeners will hear me, personally, recommending your product and then launch seamlessly into the main content of the show.
- Blog promotion: Each podcast episode has a blog post associated with it that contains a transcript and links to show resources. My website received over 10 million page views last year with an average of 800,000 page views per month. As a podcast sponsor, your link and promotional copy is automatically included in the episode’s blog post at no additional charge.
- Social media promotion: I promote every blog post and podcast episode widely on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn. The link to the blog post and episode with your sponsorship information will be shared with this teacher community on social media indefinitely, particularly on Pinterest where I will re-advertise each older podcast episode on a regular basis.
You must purchase at least one month’s worth of podcast-blog promotion (8 episodes, one each week) at least 6 weeks in advance of air time.
Please email me so that I can answer your questions and help you get started with podcast-blog sponsorship.
Social Media Promotion
All sponsored blog posts include promotion on various social media channels at no additional cost.
I no longer accept requests to promote teaching-related resources solely via social media without a sponsored blog post purchase.
This sponsorship opportunity goes beyond a one-time post or link and encompasses long-term product integration throughout the site and social media. As an ambassador for your site/company/product, I will mention and promote your brand throughout a pre-determined period in ways that are meaningful and relevant to readers. All mentions on my website/blog will be disclosed as a sponsored partnership.
There are an extremely limited number of brand ambassadorship opportunities, as I prefer to work with only 1-2 companies at a time, and brands must be extremely high-quality with outstanding resources for educators. Please email me for more information.
Submit Your Request
Latest posts by Angela Watson (see all)
- 4 ways time management habits get derailed (and how to get back on track) - February 19, 2017
- The SMART Learning Suite: Any device. Any Approach. - February 15, 2017
- From burnout to Teacher of the Year: Pam’s story of loving her job again - February 12, 2017
- Enjoy teaching more: 20 ways in 20 days begins March 1st! - February 8, 2017