How Can This Book Help YOU?
Effective teaching requires serious mental fortitude. Awakened will empower you to develop the resilient, flexible, positive mindset you need to:
- Consciously challenge the negative thoughts that discourage you
- Build your tolerance for frustration so you become less ‘disturbable’
- Live beyond your feelings to stay motivated when you don’t see results
- Change your perception of setbacks so they feel less stressful
- Let go of unrealistic expectations, standards, and comparisons
- Realize a sense of accomplishment in a job that’s truly never done
Awakened provides simple steps to help you feel peaceful and energized no matter what’s happening around you. Drawing upon principles of stress management, cognitive behavioral therapy, biblical and spiritual truths, and personal experiences, Awakened helps you develop thought habits that produce an unshakeable sense of contentment, motivation, and purpose. Learn how to renew your mind and take a fresh approach to the challenges of teaching!
Download the eBook
The eBook can be read on your computer or mobile device. Here are the advantages of purchasing an eBook:
* No wait for shipping: you will receive an immediate email link with download instructions
* Read on your computer, smartphone, eReader, or other mobile device
* Enjoy the ability to print copies of book’s PDF pages for your personal use
* Utilize a search function to quickly find information you need in the text
* Skip around the document easily with a clickable table of contents
An eBook download is $9.99, and can be paid securely with credit card or eCheck through PayPal. Files will be delivered to you automatically after payment through eJunkie, an eBook delivery service.
There are several different formats of the eBook you can choose from. The regular eBook version is a PDF document that views properly on most mobile devices, and you can read it on any Mac or PC computer using Preview, Adobe Reader, Adobe Digital Editions, etc. This PDF version comes with EVERY eBook download. For no extra cost, you can can also get a download of a MOBI version of the eBook (designed for Kindle and the Kindle app) OR an ePub version (designed for most other eReaders and apps, including Nook.)
Choose between 3 formats (details in the paragraph above):
Want 25% off your entire eBook order?
Buy 2 or more eBooks and enter the discount code SAVENOW at check out. 25% will be deducted from your total!
Where to Buy a Print Copy
Click on Amazon through this site to buy the print or Kindle version of Awakened, and a portion of your entire purchase benefits this site (at no cost to you!) It’s a great way to buy the book at a low price AND support me as the author. Thank you for clicking through from this page when shopping on Amazon!
NOTE: Occasionally the book will show as “temporarily out of stock” on Amazon. If so, check to see if there is availability here: you can buy directly from me as the author and still get free Amazon Prime shipping.
Additionally, all major booksellers (such as Barnes and Noble) have added Awakened to their inventories. If you prefer to purchase in-store and no copies are in stock, order a copy at the customer service desk and the store will notify you when it arrives.
Download View Online Table of contents
Download View Online Can you really change the way you respond to stress?
Download View Online Examine your unrealistic standards
Download View Online Afterword: The self-talk of an awakened teacher
Reviews: See What People Are Saying About Awakened!
Laura Candler’s Teaching Resources
The Teacher Garden
Blogging Through the Fourth Dimension
Confessions of an Untenured Teacher
It’s Not All Flowers and Sausages
Look at My Happy Rainbow
Miss Brave Teaches NYC
The Caffeinated Teacher
The Nerdy Teacher
A Teacher’s Ruminations
Read more on the Book Reviews: Awakened page.
Like the book?
If you’re a fan of Awakened, help spread the word! Amazon.com is not just a bookseller; it’s a forum for book fans to share their thoughts about whatever they’re reading. If you’ve purchased The Cornerstone from ANY seller, would you please go to Amazon and post an honest critique? Having multiple reviews from real readers helps build future customer’s confidence in the product and provides them with feedback about the book’s helpfulness.
Related and recommended resources
Free supplementary resources will continually be added to this site in the Encouragement and Inspiration section. If you’ve read Awakened and are looking for follow-up books, check out my recommendations for further reading on the Books on Positive Thinking page.
New Cover Design
On June 1, 2014, the cover of Awakened received a makeover! All book content is the same–if you’ve already purchased a copy with the cover pictured to the left, there’s no need to re-purchase.
Awakened: Change Your Mindset to Transform Your Teaching by Angela Watson (ISBN 978-0-982312711). Due Season Press, Fort Lauderdale, FL: July 1, 2011. List price US $27.99. 240 pages, 8.5 x 5.5. Available in paperback and eBook editions.
About the publisher
Latest posts by Angela Watson (see all)
- 9 ways to make your commute more productive and enjoyable - October 23, 2016
- Help students improve their writing with instant feedback from Turnitin - October 19, 2016
- 10 tips for avoiding technology overwhelm - October 16, 2016
- How to create focus, simplicity, and tranquility in the classroom - October 9, 2016